Friday, February 19, 2016

Am I A Blog Snob?


I swear I started off with good intentions. I got up this morning following up on my last few wonderful idea thoughts, at least, to me, about exploring other blogs. In this particular instance, grandma blogs.

I set off all with anticipation of making new friends with other grandmas. So I google grandma blogs. I wasn't satisfied with those results so I google, blogspot grandma blogs. I want to keep my search close to home you see. That's not good enough so I add 'humorous' to my google search.

Out of about two hours of my life I will never get back I found one blog I actually could relate too so I left a comment and will wait and see if I get a reply. I will share some of what was going through my head as I clicked on the endless grandma blogs.

Blog #1. Oh how pretty and interesting too. I love the pictures. Wait a minute. The post date says July 3, 2015. 
Moving on.

Blog #2. I'm hit with a dazzling awry of images, ads, basically busy busy. 

Rubs eyes and continues.

Blog #3. I find I'm frowning at this blog. I don't need any help with my frown line.

Next!

Blog #4. Now I'm looking enviously at this blog. I want it. I make a mental note and add to a to-do list.

Blog #5. We have a self-admitted seldom posting blogger. Honest but not good enough, once again moving on.

Too light, too dark, too busy, not my thing, Good grief I'm getting out of here! I will stick to references and 'stumble upons' for now, at least until I get another hair brain idea.


So am I a Blog Snob or is this a normal thing? I love advice so do tell.

100 Exquisite Adjectives
By Mark Nichol

I love words and came across a list of them. I'm going to add a word a day to my posts as long as I don't forget.

Word #29 Feckless: weak, irresponsible

In a sentance: You can not be feckless and not expect to pay the consenquences.