Sunday, February 28, 2016

Put Me In A Round Room

Klutz: Most commonly, a clumsy person  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sitting in a circle with several like-minded people. I stand up and say, "Hello, my name is Sheryl and I'm a Klutz". A bull in a china shop, too clumsy for words, I'm such a klutz, is some of the phrases that people like me say.

And I got bumps, bruises, scars, and broken bones to prove it. My earliest memory was as a child I could run like the wind. Until I tripped over absolutely nothing skidding across the asphalt of the 6th-grade playground. Once wasn't good enough. I went down two more times.

Stubbing your big toe is never fun and is totally a rude awakening. I stubbed my toe so bad one time the top was nothing but a big flap. And sticking it underwater was horrible. Good thing I liked being barefoot. 

I got a couple of ideas for the career klutz to help minimize continuous injuries.

1. Live in a round house.

2. Custom made rounded furniture.

3. Wear hockey gear. I little hard to get around but you will get used to it.

4. Never ever run.

5. Wear steel-toed boots and shoes.

6. Wear a helmet.

7. No ladders or walking under one.

8. No throw rugs or socks on a slippery floor.

9. Live where there is no possibility of ice on the ground.

10. No pointy or sharp objects.

There, that should keep you safe for a while.



Any tips you can think of to save on bandages and sutures let me know.

100 Exquisite Adjectives
By Mark Nichol

I love words and came across a list of them. I'm going to add a word a day to my posts as long as I don't forget.

Word #35 Heuristic: learning through trial-and-error or problem solvin

In a sentence: Doubtless what we have is in the main a reflex of the heuristic character of Aristotle's own work as a pioneer.