Thursday, March 3, 2016

Cleaning Out Your Closet, Even If It IS Tiny


I wrote a post earlier about My Tiny Closet over at The Humor Whacko Blog

Now that the days are getting a little sunnier (like today) a little bit warmer (like yesterday) I'm getting thoughts of cleaning out my clothes closet. These thoughts usually come when I have a ton of laundry to put away.

So here we go with my not teaching anyone a damn thing.

I'm motivated, I'm ready, I walk into the bedroom with a plastic bag for clothing to donate.

I look around mumbling, "why do I have all these clothes"? Okay, let's start here. This pile is not too big.

Picks up the oldest top I own. I can't get rid of this one, I love it. Puts back into the pile.

I think to myself, okay I know what I'll do...go through all my black tops and sweaters. As I look through all fifteen or so assorted black tops, I'm now thinking it's not that bad, besides I love black! Making a note to self to get a brighter light so I can see which is which.

So far my bag is still empty...

Looks over in the far corner at my dresses that are stored in a box. I can't get rid of theseee...I just know I'll fit into them again.

I know what I'll look at my pants. Yup, they are all nicely folded in my bottom drawer.

Shoes maybe?? I toss a pair of Mr. Rose's shoes in the bag. He catches me and I take them out.

After an hour what do you suppose I came out with in my bag to donate? You got it...lots of air.



I really stink at recycling clothes. What's your take on getting rid of stuff?

100 Exquisite Adjectives
By Mark Nichol

I love words and came across a list of them. I'm going to add a word a day to my posts as long as I don't forget.

Word #36 Hubristic: proud, excessively self-confident

In a sentence: Rob was hubristic of himself for completing the race.